1.10.12

OCTOBER: what a difference a year makes...

The first of October already. The last twelve months have sped by so quickly, it's hard to believe how much has changed. This time last year, my belly was getting bigger by the day and we were slowly gathering bits and bobs for the arrival of our new baby, trying to guess if it was a boy or girl.

Now here we are. Beautiful Josephine is crawling at high speed around the house, pulling herself up wherever she can, chattering about this and that in her own funny language.

Our lives last October were full of excitement and wonder and a sense of unknowing; of how things would change and what they'd be like in a year. Today, every day is packed with just as much excitement and wonder and a sense of unknowing. And it's awesome. Things have changed, of course, but absolutely for the better.

That Ben and I created this little one with our love is the most wonderful thing in all the world. That we now have the privilege to help shape her life is a role we cherish, and in turn she is shaping our lives too. Every day is an adventure, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.

ps. how amazing is the top Phiney's wearing? It's French vintage at it's best, and it will be going into the shop later in the month with a whole host of other fantastic vintage finds. I was trying it on Josephine to see roughly what size it was, and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of her modelling it. To be honest I was very tempted to keep it, but right now Phiney has enough vintage in her wardrobe...

11 comments:

  1. that top picture is adorable!! Hoping for another year of wonderful excitement for you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the images and here is to another amazing year, jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images, Nell, are gorgeous! It helps when your model is as adorable as Phiney ;)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that first picture! Very sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been getting all giddy this time of year, thinking back to how excited I was to meet our Little One. All anticipation, balmy evenings, spring flowers and the feeling of being of the brink of something wonderful.

    Beautiful Phiney x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 9 month old and I can't believe how fast it has gone!

    Cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nell, hello! I don't work at a desk anymore so I have less chance to check your lovely lovely blog - I've just had a peek and what do I see but the most gorgeous photos of your girly looking so grownup and smiley. She is such a poppet. xx Lucy

    p.s. been putting loads of new work on the blog, have a look if you fancy it: http://lucydevenish-art.blogspot.co.uk/.
    Oh, I just want to squeeze Phiney's little cheeks in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh I want that top - but I think husband might explode if I buy baby clothes with no idea of when we will have a baby! hehehe! She is so cute and it never ceases to amaze me how much babies look like an exact mix of both parents. *s*

    ReplyDelete
  9. she has enough vintage, oh that sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooooo cute!! We have been following each other on instagram and I only just checked out ur blog :) xx I looooove taking photos of babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i found you via baby space ... what a beautiful space you have created and all your vintage goodness is beautiful. your little girl is oh so sweet. all so lovely x

    ReplyDelete