4.10.11

*

Bump Day. 26 weeks (and one day) down.

This week the belly has become know as The Jumping Bean, such is the power of Baby's movements. Real belly-shaking, watch-for-hours stuff. It's awesome to see, although the idea that it's a little person in there is still so surreal. What a wondrous thing our bodies can do, eh.

It's also been seven days of packing away clothes that no longer fit and choosing ones from the wardrobe that are still comfy and leave me feeling good about this changing body of mine. Sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window I'm surprised by my tummy's roundness. It's like looking at yourself in a fairground mirror. But I love it all. Every growth spurt.

And it's crazy to think of how our lives will have changed the next time I pull those clothes on. Crazy cool, that is.

ps. these are the most beautiful pictures. They almost made me cry. And i'm really not a crier. But thinking of B holding our child in his arms for the first time? Well that darn brings a lump to my throat.

15 comments:

  1. you look lovely, sweet photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang - you are still so incredibly HIP & COOL looking...i felt like such a frump when i was pregnant...and you just look radiant!!

    love your bracelets.

    enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking fab- hope you're feeling well? Yikes can it really be 14 weeks to go?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that turquoise on you :) And how wonderful your baby is moving so much!! such a miracle to watch :)

    and finding clothes that are comfy and make us feel good in our new found curves is always a tricky game. but all worth it! hope you've been feeling good girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful and radiant! Darn, I miss being pregnant :)

    Those pictures you linked to are amazing! I loved every minute I laboured at home (although at the time I probably wasn't, hehe), and am sad I didn't get to birth at home as planned.

    Enjoy your Jumping Bean - how amazing are the movements! Our bodies are truly wondrous, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! That is quite the bump you've got there! They are beautiful pictures, I would love to do something similar. I really regret not keeping a better record of my pregnancy and birth. I loved being pregnant, i can't wait to do it again. Enjoy every second of it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. another week closer - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. still looking amazing Nell! I am loving watching your bloom into a mother. As the clothes yeah, I remember when I hit 30 weeks I could hardly wear a thing anymore and had to go out and buy the maternity clothes I had been avoiding to spend the money on (long live H&M mama and Topshop maternity!).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Cool! Beautiful beautifl belly Nell! Im so happy for you! What amazing parents you will be! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely bump gorgeous mama! Soooo relate to The Jumping Bean; this little Mr or Ms is giving the older brothers a run for their money in the energy stakes. Never have I felt or such a mover.
    Those pictures are amazing -- can you believe that soon(ish)we're really going to have a little bub like that in our arms?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is seriously incredible (and beautiful) to see what our bodies are capable of! You're looking totally gorgeous!

    Love the birth pictures, thanks for the link!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking gorgeous and radiant as always Nell. I know I must say this every week but I'm getting excited!

    Those pics are amazing. I wished we'd done the same. Next time Gadget! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ps can you buy the Women's Weekly kids birthday cake book in UK? If not I'll grab you a copy in Oz at Xmas. The cake bible for every mama! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw you look super gorgeous lady.

    Enjoy every jump & belly-shake. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. your bump grew some this past week. your looking so lovely pregnant...btw. x.

    ReplyDelete