13.7.11

*

The house is currently full of baby-related crafts. Seriously, I have about four projects on the go and a whole host of booties ready to toast those teeny feet in the middle of winter. And with everything I make, it all becomes more real.

This afternoon my Mum and I got started on a quilt we chose the fabrics for last week. B and I bought her quilt-making tools for Christmas and she wanted to finally put them to use. This bub is going to have handmade pieces galore, with Mum already finishing an olive green cardigan and starting on some knitted leggings, and my Grandma apparently knitting away on something too. Pretty impressive (and awesome) considering they all only found out about this little one two weeks ago.


I’m also pretty excited about a crochet blanket my Great, Great Nanny knitted for my Nan that is apparently resting in the attic somewhere. I’ve never heard or seen of such a thing, but it was apparently used for my Great Nan, Nan and Mum. I’m hoping it might get resurrected for the next generation too and I can get my hands on it for the bub.

11 comments:

  1. I so wish I was crafty, could sew, knit or something... But it isn't to be.
    I just have to rely on friends and family for all that home made goodness...
    I can't wait to see some of your home made baby projects.
    I sure to hope you get your hands on this blanket - sounds wonderfully divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting! I can't wait to see all the cute baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the quilt when it's done and are these photos with the new camera?? they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC - using the camera properly now. I love how bright they are. Seriously, get that sheet downloaded xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a special time. preparing and creating for your first. savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi; love the fabric, especially the one with the little owls... wish I had a sewing machine, but for now I'm practising my knitting.
    Enjoy that waiting/preparing time - it's magical!
    Best regards Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fabrics.
    And that crochet blanket sounds wonderful - cant wait to catch a glimpse of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the nesting instincts have already kicked in - hee, hee! I love that your baby is going to have tones of handmade stuff. Thngs he/she will always cherrish and want to keep. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt a lot closer to my Mum during my pregnancy - it was lovely. It's great you guys are having some crafty fun together...and love those fabrics! Hope you can breathe new life into your GG Nanny's blanket. How special! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S - is that your wedding ring set? SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Claire - the boy did good when he chose my engagement ring...it dates from the late 19th century and is the most amazing thing ever. How clever is he?! xx

    ReplyDelete