22.4.11

*

We're alive, we made it, the moving is done. Last weekend was so tough. Completely exhausting in fact. And then to top it all off, we had to work all week. Now we have 11 days off though. 11 days to make our new house a home. Thanks to a few hours here and there after work, the boxes are being unpacked but it's still a mission to find anything. I can't wait until it's all sorted and we can sit back and admire our interior handy work. Until then, any sneaky pictures will have to wait. Boxes on top of boxes does not an interesting photo make.

Step outside however and it's a different story. This is our garden. It's a beautiful space. Considering the main road lies just in front of our house, it's so peaceful. Just the noise of the local kids playing outside and a few birds chattering away. We have big plans for this corner. B's designated a whole section to fruit and vegetable beds and I'm determined to create our own little cottage garden. And thanks to the BBQ my Dad gave me as an early birthday present (27 in two weeks. Yikes) there will be plenty of gatherings to enjoy it this summer.

ps. Happy Easter to you all. I'm planning on engulfing myself in chocolate, guilt-free. Heavenly.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your garden is gorgeous! I just received a most exciting package in the letterbox ... the SWEETEST MOST UNREAL BOOTIES! Thank you so much Nell! I think you're unreal and I know my sister in law will love them. (I'll most certainly be blogging about them but it'll have to wait until after I give them to her). Good luck with the unpacking and enjoy all that Easter chocolate. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is like a little chunk of paradise! i'm so happy for you!! :)
    i hope you enjoy a happy, chocolate filled, Easter weekend!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nell, I've been wondering how the move went. What a lovely garden, can't wait to see your garden take shape. Hope you have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous space. well done on the move. it is bloody hard but so worth it. already eaten my own body weight in choc. doing it right now actually! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That garden is just wonderful ... and I love the stripey socks. Happy easter - hope your chocolate eating was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i move in? seriously this is the most adorable back yard I've ever seen, you must be so happy! keep the pics coming...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, it's so gorgeous. You guys will make it a cottage garden of dreams. Happy home making x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Nell, you did it! you really deserve the chocolate by the sounds of it.
    Been meaning to say I blogged your hair bow tie a few posts back and even included a funny photo of me actually wearing it.
    Anyway, still love it to bits. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sorry, my son Otto seems to be logged into blogger! Didn't realise. The above post is from me! Madeleine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Nell...it's here!
    http://www.madebymosey.com/blog/lately/

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is all so english...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete